|Portrayed by||Sarah Michelle Gellar|
Cici took part in the sequel discussion in her film theory class along with Randy Meeks and Mickey Altieri. Her stance was that life didn't imitate art, a standpoint opposite of Mickey's. Cici attended the press conference after class concerning the recent murders of Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens.
That night, Cici was the "sober sister" for her sorority, Omega Beta Zeta, which meant she was on call should a drunk sister need a ride. She received a call from the killer. Ghostface started asking Cici questions about whether or not she is alone and whether or not she wants to die. Cici, scared, runs outside and attempts to call campus security. She cannot receive a signal since she took the cordless phone too far from its base and is frightened by Dawnie, a sorority sister, pops up behind her and asks if anyone called for her, unaware that the killer sneaks in the house. She's getting ready to leave when the phone rings so she answers it. She thinks the caller is Cici's boyfriend, Ted, and gives the phone back to Cici. Ghostface uses the distraction to sneak into the house.
After Dawnie leaves, Cici relieved momentarily thinking Ted is reallying calling for her. Then she realizes it's the killer on the phone when he says "You wish it was Ted" he taunts her by saying "Don't forget to set the alarm." and rushes sets the house alarm. She hears weird noises and walks around the downstairs, investigating. After taking a breath to calm herself, the phone rings again. After she answers it, she is attacked by Ghostface rushing out from a nearby closet. In a desperate bid to stay alive, she races upstairs with him chasing after her. After narrowly escaping the killer's knife a few times, Cici reaches the top floor and hesitates at a glass balcony. Ghostface uses this to his advantage by grabbing her and throwing her through the glass door shattering it.
She dizzily tries to crawl away while also trying to stand up but before she is able to get back onto her feet, she is stabbed twice in the back. She is then picked up by Ghostface and thrown off the balcony to her death.
In the aftermath of her death, Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley realize from her real name, Casey, and the first two victims' names that the killer was copying the original Woodsboro victims. This meant she was killed because her name was similar to Casey Becker's.
Behind the Scenes
- She was described as "pretty with a lively energy about her" in the original script.
- Cici was short for Cassandra, not Casey. This was changed to better mirror Casey Becker.
- A publicity still shows Cici on the campus quad with Lois and Murphy. Their body language hints at Cici being lower on the social totem poll. It's unknown if this was from a deleted scene or strictly photographed for publicity. Cici is seen in the background of the finished film when Sidney tells her friends who Dewey is shortly after the press conference.
- Christine Hamilton played Cici in Stab 2.
- In the scene where Ghostface is tossing Cici over the side of the balcony, a man's head can briefly be seen popping up in the low right-hand corner of the camera region. This was most likely a crew member involved in the cinematography that assumed they had finished filming that scene. He was obviously mistaken.
- When Ghostface stabs Cici in the back, there is no blood on the knife, making another mistake in that scene.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar signed onto her role without knowing what or whom she was playing, based on the success of the original film.
- Cici's death scene appears in Halloween H2O: 20 Years Later when Molly and Sarah are watching Scream 2 on television.
- Cici's death is the only Scream 2 murder that can't be established which killer is Ghostface at the time.
- It's revealed in her death scene that there are two killers: one Ghostface is on the phone with Dawnie and at the same time the other Ghostface sneaks into the house without a phone in hand.
- Cici has the same last name as the Scream 4 victim Marnie Cooper.
- Alicia Silverstone auditioned for Cici's role.
- Liev Schreiber's dog is leg by a co-ed in front of the crowd that goes to investigate after news of CiCi's murder.
| ||Cici Cooper has a Photo Gallery.|
- "Movies are not responsible for our actions."
- "You've got a hard-on for Cameron."
- "'Drink with your brain' - that's our motto."
- "Why do you always answer a question with a question?"
- "And I'm impatient."
- "I don't think I'm alone."
- Cici, who is this?