Casey "Cici" Cooper was a student at Windsor College, approximately nineteen years old, who was murdered by Ghostface in Scream 2 as part of copying the Woodsboro murders from the first film. Cici was a member of the Omega Beta Zeta sorority house and a classmate of Randy Meeks and Mickey Altieri in their film theory class.
Cici was the third character to fall victim to the 2nd Ghostface killing spree. She was a target due to her name closely resembling Casey Becker's, an original teenaged victim during the Woodsboro Massacre, and her opinion during the film theory class discussion was on the opposite standpoint from Mickey's and siding with Randy, one of the survivor's of Woodsboro.
Cici took part in the sequel discussion in her film theory class along with Randy Meeks and Mickey Altieri. Her stance was, that life didn't imitate art, a standpoint opposite of Mickey's. After class Cici attended the press conference concerning the recent murders of Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens.
That night Cici was the "sober sister" for her sorority, Omega Beta Zeta, which meant, she was on call, should a drunk sister need a ride. She received a call from the killer. Ghostface started questioning Cici, about whether or not she was alone and whether or not she wants to die. Cici, scared, runs outside and attempts to call campus security. She cannot receive a signal since she took the cordless phone too far from its base and is frightened by Dawnie, a sorority sister, who pops up behind her and asks if anyone called for her. She's getting ready to leave when the phone rings. She answers it. and believing the caller is Cici's boyfriend, Ted, gives the phone back to Cici. Ghostface uses the distraction to sneak into the house.
After Dawnie leaves, Cici is momentarily relieved, thinking Ted is really calling for her. Then she realizes, it's the killer on the phone, when he says "You wish it was Ted." She rushes sets the house alarm, while listening to Ghostface's taunts. She hears weird noises and walks around the downstairs, investigating. After taking a breath to calm herself, the phone rings again. After she answers it, she is attacked by Ghostface, who comes rushing out of a nearby closet. In a desperate bid to stay alive, she races upstairs with him chasing after her. After narrowly escaping the killer's knife a few times, Cici reaches the top floor and hesitates at a glass balcony. Ghostface uses this to his advantage by grabbing her and throwing her through the glass door shattering it.
She dizzily tries to crawl away while also trying to stand up, but, before she is able to get back onto her feet, she is stabbed twice in the back. She is then picked up by Ghostface and thrown off the balcony to her death.
In the aftermath of her death, Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley realize from her real name, Casey, and the first two victims' names, that the killer was copying the original Woodsboro victims. This meant, she was killed because her name was similar to Casey Becker's.
Behind the Scenes
- She was described as "pretty with a lively energy about her" in the original script.
- Cici was short for Cassandra, not Casey. This was changed to better mirror Casey Becker. Her surname was also originally Taylor.
- A publicity still shows Cici on the campus quad with Lois and Murphy. Their body language hints at Cici being lower on the social totem poll. It's unknown, if this was from a deleted scene or strictly photographed for publicity. Cici is seen in the background of the finished film, when Sidney tells her friends, who Dewey is shortly after the press conference.
- Christine Hamilton played Cici in Stab 2.
- In the scene, where Ghostface is tossing Cici over the side of the balcony, a man's head can briefly be seen popping up in the low right-hand corner of the camera region. This was most likely a crew member involved in the cinematography, that assumed they had finished filming that scene.
- When Ghostface stabs Cici in the back, there is no blood on the knife, marking yet another mistake in that scene.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar signed onto her role, without knowing what role she was playing, based on the success of the original film.
- Cici's death scene appears in Halloween H2O: 20 Years Later when Molly and Sarah are watching Scream 2 on television.
- Cici's name is similar to Casey Becker.
- It's revealed in her death scene that there are two killers: one Ghostface is on the phone with Dawnie and at the same time the other Ghostface sneaks into the house without a phone in hand.
- Cici has the same last name as the Scream 4 victim Marnie Cooper.
- Alicia Silverstone auditioned for Cici's role.
- Liev Schreiber's dog is leg by a co-ed in front of the crowd that goes to investigate after news of CiCi's murder.
| ||Cici Cooper has a Photo Gallery.|
- "Movies are not responsible for our actions."
- "You've got a hard-on for Cameron."
- "'Drink with your brain' - that's our motto."
- "Why do you always answer a question with a question?"
- "And I'm impatient."
- "I don't think I'm alone."
- Cici, who is this?
|Scream 2 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Weathers • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Recurring Supporting Characters||Randy Meeks • Cotton Weary|
|Supporting Characters||Cici Cooper • Derek Feldman • Hallie McDaniel • Joel Jones • Maureen Evans • Mickey Altieri • Mrs. Loomis • Phil Stevens|
|Recurring Minor Characters||Maureen Prescott|
|Ghostface(s)||Mrs. Loomis • Mickey Altieri|