I was editing the fan pages when I wondered, "Hey! Why the hell doesn't this exist?"
You're welcome, Dewey fans. Like I mention on my other pages, this is a safe haven for Dewey fans, blah-blah-blah. You know what to do. Just edit the page with what you like about Dew Drop.
The Best Things About Dewey
- Goes from a Dirty Harry wannabe to an actual badass.
- Killed Roman Bridger
- Has great skill with firearms.
- Married Gale Weathers. David Arquette married Courtney Cox in real life.
- Goofy and always looking for respect yet can be serious, too.
- Stabbed in the back twice.
- Slashed in the arm and punched in the face numerous times in Scream 3. Also hit with a knife blade.
- Recovered from a limp caused from a severed nerve.
- David Arquette turned down the role of Billy Loomis in favor of Dewey. He didn't realize how important he would be. Arquette credits Dewey's character for saving his career.
- Provides much needed comic relief to the films.
- Wes Craven personally selected him to survive the film, when he was originally supposed to die just because he liked the character so much. Audiences did, too.
- He was described "a big guy, 20's, handsome in a scrubbed-clean boyish way" in the Scream script.
- Dewey was the only Scream survivor not to break one of the Rules in the climax of the first film.
- David Schwimmer played "Dewey Riley" in Stab. This is a obvious reference to the fact that Courteney Cox, whom plays Dewey's on-screen wife, Gale Riley, plays the sister of David Schwimmer's character on the show Friends.
- He was thought to be a possible third killer in Scream according to Wes Craven. Coincidentally, there is a fan theory that suggests that Dewey possibly was the third killer in Scream and got away with the murders.
- Became Sheriff of Woodsboro.
- Shot a large number of firearms. These include the Glock 17, Beretta 92FS, Smith & Wesson 5906, and the large-caliber revolver, the Colt Python.