The killer wears the black rain jacket as well as the Brandon James mask to conceal her true appearance.
It was revealed in Revelations that Audrey Jensen had a secret connection to Piper Shaw in the 2015 Lakewood Murders but it was revealed in Jeepers Creepers that she only brought Piper to Lakewood and therefore didn't help her.
In When a Stranger Calls, it was revealed that Kieran Wilcox was Piper's actual accomplice, and was carrying out a new killing spree to avenge her, but was unsuccessful and put in jail. In Halloween, Kieran and his Prison Guard were murdered in the courthouse by the Third Killer.
1) Tyler O'Neil - Completely decapitated (Off-Screen)
2) Nina Patterson - Back slashed, throat slit.
3) Riley Marra - Femoral artery slashed, bled out.
4) Will Belmont - Sawed in two with farm machine (Off-Screen)
5) Clifton Roberts - Stabbed to Death (Presumed) [Off-Screen]
6) Grayson Pfeiffer - Throat Slit (Off-Screen)
The first killer's weapon of choice is a Buck 120 Bowie knife. She kills most of her victims with it, however, some victims were murdered in other ways.
The first killer uses a voice changer to conceal his actual identity's voice. Similar to Roman Bridger, she can mimic several voices, as can be seen in In The Trenches when she tricks Emma into coming to Will's house so she could trick Emma into causing his death.
The first killer uses a smartphone to contact her victims, often teasing them. She texts, calls and direct messages them, typically right before committing a murder.
- Piper Shaw was revealed to be the first killer in Revelations, and was later shot to death.
- Piper is the first killer in the whole entire franchise not to withheld possession of firearm during her reveal.
- Piper was the main antagonist in Season 1.
- Piper was the final character to be killed in Season 1.
- Similar to Roman Bridger and Jill Roberts were related to Sidney, Piper is related to Emma and is the long lost half-sister Emma didn't know existed until she saw her mother's ultrasound and found out Maggie had slept with Brandon James. Subsequently, she shared a hatred of her younger sibling for having a family just like Roman did to Sidney.
- Both Piper Shaw and Jill Roberts filmed most of their murders with their partners.
- Piper has various similarities to the movie killers: she's related to the final girl (Emma) like Roman and Jill were to Sidney. She worked as a reporter (like Mrs. Loomis) and just like Jill Roberts, she had a completely different personality when revealed as the killer.
- In When a Stranger Calls, it was revealed that Piper had a secret relationship with Kieran Wilcox, her accomplice, long before they came to Lakewood.
- It is shown Piper is willing to betray her accomplice so she can get away with murder. She told Emma that Kieran was her half brother while the killings were happening. Kieran was unaware of this.