|Season 2, Episode 14|
|Air date||October 18, 2016|
|Written by|| Jay Beattie |
Jill E. Blotevogel
|Directed by||Oz Scott|
| < previous|
| next >|
- "I don't need a hero! I'm Emma Duval, I don't need you!"
- —Emma Duval
"Halloween II" is the second part of the special Halloween installment which was set following the events of When a Stranger Calls. It is the fourteenth episode of Season 2 and the twenty fourth episode of the series overall. It aired on October 18, 2016 as part two of a two hour Halloween Special.
8 months after Kieran’s arrest, Emma is struggling to focus on her future. Noah and Stavo have combined forces to create a best-selling graphic novel based on the Kieran Wilcox's murders and Audrey is in a new relationship.
The teens explain the situation to Alex. They are unable to call for help due to a storm. Audrey is certain that Jeremy committed the murders due to him bringing them to the island to begin with and that he has the shears. Noah and Gustavo decide to try to fix the radio on Alex's truck, which has been dead for two years, hoping to use it get help. Emma explains to Alex the events of the two seasons and that she was involved in two killing sprees. Emma and Alex begin bonding due to their tragic pasts.
Audrey assures Gina that they will make out alive and then asks her what she was doing all day on the island, which she claims was walking around all day. Gina gets angry, assuming that Audrey thinks that she is the killer, and leaves Audrey alone. Jeremy suddenly reappears outside a window and begs Emma and Brooke to let him in. The teens decide to let Jeremy in, as Alex has a shotgun (from his great-grandfather) to shoot him with if he tries to kill anyone.
Jeremy claims that after his prank, he passed out on the beach due to getting drunk. He woke up the next afternoon and took a swim to wash the drunk off. He was heading back when he saw the killer placing Carpenter's severed head on the porch. The killer saw him, causing Jeremy to flee out of fright and get lost in the darkness. When he went to the Sheriff's station, he found the building and everywhere else empty, and when he found the lights on here, he decided to come in to take shelter.
Alex locks Jeremy in a closet, as he would be safe in there if he's not the killer, and that if he is the killer, it's better that way. Audrey goes off alone to search for Gina upon learning she has gone missing and discovers that she has been taking photos of her and Emma on the island. Upstairs, Emma finds a message in blood written on the wall that says "NEVER". Audrey finds Gina and confronts her about the photos, who tells her that she took the photos since she is jealous of Emma, as Gina's last girlfriend cheated on her.
Emma then shows the message to Audrey; just then, the power cuts out to the mansion. In Alex's van, Noah and Gustavo finally get the radio working and call the coast guard for help. Alex and Emma discover that Jeremy has escaped the closet and assume he is the killer. Noah and Gustavo inform Alex and Brooke that the coast guard is sending a boat in two hours. Jeremy encounters Gina, who he scares away. After she leaves, Jeremy discovers a photo and appears to be shocked by what he sees.
The killer, now revealed to be Alex, attacks Jeremy and stabs him in the stomach and shoulder with the shears, killing him. Brooke and Gustavo make up for bad times and kiss, when Noah and Audrey arrive. Brooke discovers a hidden passageway behind a bookcase, and the gang enter. Alex and Emma bond and kiss for the first time when they hear a noise; Alex orders Emma to lock herself in a room while he goes to investigate. Alex locks the gang in the tunnel and admires something in a trunk.
Finding that the tunnel leads to Billie's house, Noah deduces that Reginald used the passage to frequently meet with Anna's mother, Lily. At one point, Anna refused his advances, and Reginald, not used to hearing "no", murdered Lily with shears. Noah further deduces that Reginald was the real murder, who killed Anna's family to remove witnesses. When Reginald attacked Anna, she killed him in self-defense, but not before being fatally wounded in the process. Anna succumbed to her injuries on the dock and died there.
Noah further deduces that Mrs. Whitten moved Reginald's body to the bed, so that her family would not be disgraced. Afterward, Brooke finds Jeremy's corpse and discovers the photo, which shows Billie and Alex Whitten together at his van, though the Alex in the photo doesn't look like the one in real life; they realize the Alex they know is an imposter and the killer, before running upstairs to warn Emma. Finding the exit blocked, they are forced to take the long way out from the other side. Emma is briefly attacked by "Alex" in his costume, but she manages to force him out of the room.
"Alex" then takes off his costume and convinces Emma to let him in. Emma finds the trunk Alex looked at before due to a blood trail and finds the corpse of the real Alex Whitten. Emma realizes that "Alex" is the killer, who reveals that his real name is Tom Martin. Tom explains that he committed the murders for Emma; he is in love with her and explains they are alike, revealing that his real parents didn't die in a plane crash, they were actually murdered in front of him. He was stuck with their bodies for three days until the police came and took them away.
Tom, while stopping Emma's repeated attempts to escape, tries to convince her they are the perfect couple and reveals that he revived the Anna Hobbs legend in Jeremy's website, so that he would bring the gang here. Tom further reveals that he only killed people who could have recognized him as an imposter, hence why he didn't try and kill any of Emma's friends. Pointing out that he wants to change her life and doesn't want to hurt her all, he offers to take her away with him. Tom also reveals that he didn't kill Kieran (or the prison guard) and doesn't know who did.
Emma pretends to agree, and when she has a chance, knees him in the groin and escapes, taking the shears as a weapon. Tom searches for her in the house with his shotgun, and is distracted when he encounters Gina, allowing Emma to stab him in the back with his own shears, injuring but not killing him. An injured Tom runs upstairs and confronts Emma, who declares that she doesn't need him and that she's "Emma Duval". Enraged, Tom attempts to attack her, only to be shoved off the balcony to his death. In the aftermath, Gina and Audrey make up, with Audrey explaining that Emma is an important part of her life, but still wants to be with Gina.
Brooke decides she is taking Gustavo to New York, acknowledging that she doesn't want to be apart from him. Noah does a monologue on his podcast to reveal the truth about Anna Hobbs, while Emma signs herself up for Lakewood college and Kevin is seen standing over Kieran's grave. As Noah questions who killed Kieran, a man named "Mr. James" checks himself into Lakewood Motel.
- Willa Fitzgerald as Emma Duval
- Bex Taylor-Klaus as Audrey Jensen
- John Karna as Noah Foster
- Amadeus Serafini as Kieran Wilcox
- Carlson Young as Brooke Maddox
- Santiago Segura as Gustavo Acosta
- Tracy Middendorf as Maggie Duval
- Zena Grey as Gina McLane
- Alex Esola as Jeremy Blair
- Alexander Calvert as Tom Martin
- Stevie Lynn Jones as Anna Hobbs
- Tom Everett Scott as Kevin Duval
- The title of the episode is a homage to the 1981 slasher horror film, "Halloween II" which was directed by Rick Rosenthal.
- The episode was originally titled "Prom Night", but was changed for unknown reasons.
- The special was watched live by 0.30 million people.
- Towards the end of the episode, Kevin Duval is seen observing Kieran's gravestone. He was last seen in Happy Birthday to Me.
- At the very end of the episode, it was shown that a receptionist at the Lakewood Motel openly greeted a visitor by the name of Mr. James. The full identity of the individual is currently unknown.
- This episode marked the deaths of Alex Whitten, Jeremy Blair and Tom Martin.
- Noah Foster and Gustavo Acosta created a best selling graphic horror novel based on Kieran's murders.
- The Lakewood 4, Gustavo, Jeremy Blair and Gina visited Shallow Grove Island.
- Bex Taylor-Klaus first hinted at the episodes in an interview stating that Season 2 would feature 14 episodes.
- In the episode, Emma received a call from the killer.
- Although When a Stranger Calls was promoted as the season finale, the Halloween specials are part of Season 2.
- Jill E. Blotevogel is a co-writer of this episode.
- Since the finale, When a Stranger Calls, there has been an 8 month gap, making it October of 2016.
- Audrey Jensen is in a new relationship with Gina McLane.
- Alex Whitten was revealed to be the killer who was targeting the Lakewood 5 in Shallow Grove Island.
- It was also revealed that his real name is Tom Martin.
- He is the only killer in the franchise who was actually in love with the final girl and wanted them alive.
- He also reveals he never intended to target Emma's friends, only the people that could have deduced his identity, except for Sid, who he murdered to get the mask and garden shears.
- The Halloween Specials have a higher body count than all of Season 2.
- Jeremy begs to be let inside, but is suspected of being the killer. This is similar to that of Randy and Stu in the original Scream .
- Jeremy Blair - Impaled through back/stomach with garden shears by Tom Martin (found a photo of the real Alex Whitten).
- Alex Whitten - Butchered with knife by Tom Martin (off-screen, found dead, before Halloween, identity stolen).
- Tom Martin - Stabbed in the back with garden shears, shoved off second floor balcony by Emma Duval.
Behind the Scenes
|Season 1||Pilot • Hello, Emma • Wanna Play a Game? • Aftermath • Exposed • Betrayed • In The Trenches • Ghosts • The Dance • Revelations|
|Season 2||I Know What You Did Last Summer • Psycho • Vacancy • Happy Birthday to Me • Dawn of the Dead • Jeepers Creepers • Let The Right One In • Village of the Damned • The Orphanage • The Vanishing • Heavenly Creatures • When a Stranger Calls • Halloween • Halloween II|