Jake is handsome and athletic. He has a wicked sense of humor which can turn crass sometimes; he likes to play pranks, especially when he’s at a party and drinking too much, but it’s possible that one of his “pranks” went too far.
He is Lakewood’s resident lady-magnet. He was best friends with Will Belmont, and despite his always-changing line-up of ladies, he seems to constantly pine after notorious mean girl, Brooke Maddox as they have history having known each other years prior to some of the others.
Months after they survive Piper's murder spree, Jake and Brooke are still together. However, when Emma returns to Lakewood in I Know What You Did Last Summer, they have an argument which leads to them breaking up. Later in the episode after Brooke leaves him, he quietly professes his love for her to himself. Jake goes off but is attacked by the Lakewood Slasher. Later in the episode, he is kept imprisoned, chained up by a bear trap, and later killed by being disembowelled with a scythe. In Happy Birthday to Me, his death is revealed to the public when his corpse falls from an open banner, with the blood splattering all over Brooke.
Season 1 (10/10)
Season 2 (8/14)
Shortly after Brooke broke up with him, Jake decided to go somewhere holding a gasoline can. Jake discovers a wind-up pig toy and walks towards it, only to step into a bear trap. Jake falls to the ground, screaming, only to see the Lakewood Slasher walking towards him. Then, the Lakewood Slasher knocks him unconscious with a red bat, and he wakes up in a barn. He sees a pick-axe in the corner near the barn doors with stick it notes attached to it, the notes reading: "What can you do with this, Boy Interrupted". He uses it to break the chain on the door, only for a car's headlights to turn on, and the Lakewood Slasher appearing and dragging him back into the barn. We then find Jake waking up again, this time hanging upside down. The killer emerges holding a scythe, Jake pleads and tries to defend himself via a table side sickle which he throws at the killer but misses, the scythe then bouncing across the ground near the killer's feet. Then, the Lakewood Slasher swings the scythe up and down upon his sternum to the upper part of his torso, spilling a large portion of his stomach and blood as he dies instantly.
- Jake: "Who can resist a murder selfie?"
- Jake: "You weep for the Jake."
- Jake: "Welcome home girl interrupted!"
- Jake: "Screw you, stupid lock!" (when trying to escape from the barn)
- Jake: "You already know, you are not over me."
- He attented George Washington High School before his death.
- He was Brooke's boyfriend before being killed by the Lakewood Slasher.
- Jake is the only recurring character to appear and be credited in all ten episodes in the first season.
- Both Jake and Randy Meeks are the first characters who survived their previous killing sprees, to be killed off by the new killers.
- Jake shares similarities with Stu Macher. Jake's not the killer like Stu, but his comedic style is similar, and he was dating Brooke, who is similar to Tatum Riley. He also resembles him as he accompanied Will in blackmailing Brooke's father, much like how Billy and Stu kidnapped Sidney's father intending to frame him.
- Jake and Will had secretly been watching Nina Patterson on her webcam without her knowing, until her death.
- Will told Jake to delete the cyber videos they recorded off of Nina's webcam which he deleted at the end of Season 1.
- Jake was one of the members of the Lakewood Six; he was ranked sixth by Gustavo Acosta.
- In the Season 2 premiere, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Jake was killed by the Lakewood Slasher who used a scythe to slice him open at a barn, becoming the first member of the Lakewood Six to die.
- Jake is the first to be killed by the new killer in Season 2.
- Although being marketed as joining the main cast in Season 2, he was killed off in the season 2 premiere.
- Jake's body was found in a storage unit by Audrey in Psycho.
- Jake appeared as a hallucination to Brooke in Happy Birthday to Me.
- It was revealed in Jeepers Creepers that Jake was willing to pay Seth Branson 10,000 dollars for him to leave Lakewood before he died.
- In The Vanishing, the killer showed Emma and Audrey a recording of his death.
- In Heavenly Creatures, Brooke saw a video of his death on her computer.
|TV Series Characters|
|Lakewood Four||Emma Duval • Audrey Jensen • Brooke Maddox • Noah Foster|
|Lakewood Residents||Maggie Duval • Miguel Acosta • Gustavo Acosta • Kristin Lang • Gina McLane|
|Previous Lakewood Residents||Kieran Wilcox • Eli Hudson • Zoë Vaughn • Jake Fitzgerald • Seth Branson • Quinn Maddox • Haley Meyers • Tina Hudson • Eddie Hayes • Kevin Duval • Clark Hudson • Nina Patterson • Rachel Murray • Riley Marra • Tyler O'Neill • Will Belmont • Brandon James • Piper Shaw|
|Lakewood Slasher(s)||Piper Shaw • Kieran Wilcox • Third Killer|