|Portrayed by||Jamie Kennedy|
|Family||Martha Meeks (sister)|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Eye Colour||Blue (Scream, Scream 2) /Brown (Scream 3)|
Alive but dies and comes back
|Stab actor||Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, background castmember|
Randy Meeks was a horror film fanatic who had a crush on his good friend Sidney Prescott. Though wounded, he survived the Woodsboro murders, but was the fourth victim of the Windsor College Murders at the hands of Ghostface while helping Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley search for the killer. Out of all the deaths in series, his death had the biggest effect on Sidney.
Randy Meeks was an excitable horror movie geek and Woodsboro High School student, who worked at a local video store, even though he was fired and re-hired several times. He had a severe crush on his good friend Sidney Prescott, and hung out primarily with her, Billy Loomis, Stu Macher, and Tatum Riley. Randy also has a younger sister. Her name is Martha Meeks.
Randy ate lunch with his group of friends the day after Casey Becker and Steven Orth were murdered. He went to the school's water fountain and sat with Sidney, Billy, Tatum, and Stu. Then gossiped and joked about their deaths. He even suspected, that Stu was the killer pointing out that Casey dumped Stu for Steve making Tatum confused because she thought, that Stu dumped Casey for her. Stu defended himself saying "I didn't kill anybody". He went to work at the local video store the next day, where he discussed the murders with Stu. He believed that Sidney's father Neil Prescott would pop up dead somewhere, and that Billy was the real killer. Billy confronted Randy and Stu took Billy's side and enjoyed watching Billy confront Randy in front of the other people in the store.
Randy managed to get out of work early due to the town curfew and went to Stu's party. During the party, he is partying and seen talking to the other teenagers, but mainly concerned with talking to Sidney. He talks to her about Jamie Lee Curtis. Shortly after Tatum's murder, Billy arrives and he asked Stu, "What's Leather face doing here?" He says to himself, "There goes my chance with Sid, dammit." He stays at the house watching Halloween even though all the other party guests have eventually left to see their recently murdered principal's corpse. When Sidney is being chased to the News Van where the cameraman is, they view Ghostface sneeking behind him unexpectedly in attempt to kill him, but Sidney's scream draws the killer's attention. Kenny, the cameraman, realizes that camera setting is off and starts outside, but Ghostface is right outside having followed Sidney's scream to the Van. Ghostface claims the cameraman's life instead of Randy's.
After sometime, Randy gets up and wonders where everyone is. He goes outside to ask a frightened Gale about what's going on, but is knocked down by her trying to survive. Later, he finds Tatum dead. After seeing Tatum dead he finds a frightened Sidney running back into the Macher's house. He tells Sidney, "We have to get the fuck outta hear. I found Tatum, she's dead. I think Stu did it!" Stu runs up claiming Randy's he killer and trying to persuade Sidney to give him the gun. Sidney rebukes them both and locks herself in the house telling them while sobbing to "Go Away!" Billy having "survived" comes downstairs and easily wins Sidney's judgment having been intimate with her and gets the gun from her. He opens the door and Randy runs in. Randy exclaims, "Stu's flipped out. He's gone mad!" Billy agrees in a sinister voice, "We all go a little mad sometimes." as he points the gun at him.
During the climax, he is shot by Billy and crashes through a table after Billy reveals that he's indeed the killer. After Sidney believes that it is all over, Randy suddenly wakes up, alive and well. He is then punched out by Billy, who was previously unconscious. After Billy is shot by Gale Weathers, Randy reveals that the killer always comes back to life for "one last scare." Indeed, his prediction was right, and Billy wakes up one last time before being shot in the head by Sidney.
After graduating Woodsboro High, Randy and Sidney both attended Windsor College, where he took film classes. He is seen with Mickey Altieri, Cici Cooper and several other unidentified students in the film class, having a debate over whether films could have been responsible for the murders of Phil Stevens and Maureen Evans, which later developed into a debate as to whether horror movie sequels are a good thing or a bad thing.
Right before class his class lets out, Sidney appears by the door having been looking for him after the news of the murders of Phil and Maureen. She warns a very nonchalant Randy that it's starting again which he doesn't want to talk about. Suddenly her boyfriend Derek comes looking for her. He kisses her in front of him to cheer her up making Randy repressed his jealousy saying under his breath, "Get a room..." Gale Weather then appears at the campus where the group of friends can see her. Randy makes a comment about her saying, "She got calve implants."After the murder of Cici, he and Dewey Riley try to solve the case. While Gale and Dewey try to find the caller, Randy talks to Ghostface on the phone. Randy says that the new killer will never become as famous as Billy and Stu before going on to insult Stu first, then Billy. He goes on to say Billy was a homo-repressed mama's boy. After that was said, Suddenly, Ghostface appears and drags Randy into a news van and throws him against the windshield before slitting his throat and stabbing him four times in the chest. During his murder, to cover up the sound of his murder, their was a group of college students blasting Hip-hop music. Dewey and Gale notice he is nowhere to be found and they search. Dewey, Gale and Joel stumble upon Randy's bloody corpse the next moment.
Dewey later informs Sidney of his murder leaving Sidney very emotional saying, "It shouldn't have been Randy, it should've been me. I should call his mother." Dewey informs her that he had already reached her and let her know about his death. During the climax of Scream 2, it is revealed that the killer is Mrs. Loomis, who tells Sidney that when she heard Randy insult her deceased son Billy on the phone, she got a little "knife happy".
Randy's sister, Martha, snuck onto the Stab 3 production and delivered a tape Randy made before his death.
He knew beforehand, he was probably going to die in the second killing spree, because he lost his virginity and because of the rules of horror movies and that´s why he left this tape, because he also foresaw the possibility of a third killing spree, including one with an unexpected background. So he warned the survivors (Sidney, Gale, and Dewey) of what to expect from a trilogy in the horror field.
It is shown, how much Sidney and the others miss Randy, when the tape is played.
The original script revealed that Randy had survived and that his parents were secretly hiding him. However, this was cut from the final film, because it was considered to be too unrealistic.
Behind the scenes
- He was described as "a tall and gangly kid...A witty jokester who elevates geek to coolness" in the Scream script.
- In Scream, Randy tells Jamie Lee Curtis to look behind her, because there's a killer preparing to kill her. Ironically, Randy is played by Jamie Kennedy, and the killer is behind him, preparing to kill him at the same time.
- "If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath...would you be standing in the horror section?"
- "Now that Billy tried to mutilate her, do you think Sid would go out with me?"
- "It's the millennium; motives are incidental."
- "Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances say "I'll be right back." Cause you won't be back." Randy listing rule 3 of the survival roles.
- "There's always some stupid bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend. That's the beauty of it all -- simplicity! Besides, if it gets too complicated, you lose your target audience."
- "I cannot believe it; they get Tori Spelling to play Sid, and they cast Joe Blow nobody to play me! At least you get David Scwhimmer; I get the guy who drove the stagecoach for one episode of Dr. Quinn!"
- "Oh, please! By definition alone, they're inferior films!"
- "That's why it's perfect! It's sort of against the rules, but not really. Mrs. Voorhees was a terrific serial killer, and there's always room for Candyman's daughter. She's sweet, she's deadly, she's bad for your teeth!" To Dewey about the idea of female serial killers.
- "I never thought I would be so happy to be a virgin!"
- "See, the police are off track with this shit. If they'd watch Prom Night, they'd save time. There's a formula to it -- a very simple formula. Everyone's a suspect!"
- "...And by giving up my virginity to Karen Kolcheck".
- "Shut up. She's a sweet person, okay? We were working late putting away some videos in the porno section and ya know, shit happens."
- "Oh, please. I'm the secret love slave of Sidney Prescott. I know all about obsession."
- "Oh really? Was that before or after he sliced and diced?" to Stu Macher asking about where he was the night Casey Becker and Steven Orth where killed
- "Stu was a pussy-ass wet rag." To Mrs. Loomis moments before his death
- "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? Because I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox, next to her spleen and pancreas."
- "You see, you push the laws and you end up dead, okay? I'll see you in the kitchen with a knife." To Stu after he says "I'll be right back", right after Randy warned the party-goers about saying that.
- "Why not set your goals higher, huh?! You wanna be one of the big boys?! Manson, Bundy, O.J.---" Randy's final line before his death.