|Alias:||Roman Roberts (birth name)|
|Location:||Los Angeles, California|
|Family:|| John Milton (father, deceased)|
Maureen Prescott (mother, deceased)
Sidney Prescott (sister)
Neil Prescott (step-father, deceased)
Kate Roberts (aunt, deceased)
Jill Roberts (cousin, deceased)
Roman Bridger is the main antagonist of Scream 3 and by extension the entire series. He is a young music video director who landed the 'Stab 3 job, where he enacted his revenge against Sidney Prescott. After he revealed himself as the architect behind the Ghostface murder sprees, he fought Sidney to the death and lost, he was then killed by Dewey.
Roman was the son of Maureen Prescott, who was serial raped at a party, and rumored to be the son of John Milton. He was adopted shortly after his birth. The next several decades, he searched for his birth mother, who he believed to be a former unknown Hollywood actress going by the stage name of Rena Reynolds. During his research, he finds out that his mother was a victim of a rape at John Milton's mansion, from which she never fully recovered from and eventually turned her into a "slut". He found her several years later, learning that her true name was Maureen. He also discovered that she had started a new life in the small town of Woodsboro after the incident in Los Angeles. She was living with her husband, Neil Prescott, and a daughter, Sidney Prescott. He eventually gained the courage to go to Maureen, revealing himself to be her son and expected her to welcome him into her life. Unfortunately, he was sorrily mistaken. All she had to say was that he was "Rena's child and Rena was dead".
Roman then swirled into an obsessive rage and used his movie-making skills to film Maureen and her affairs with Cotton Weary and Hank Loomis, the father of Sidney's high school boyfriend, Billy Loomis. Using his footage of Maureen's affair with Hank, he explained to Billy why his mother moved out and abandoned him. This enraged Billy and after supplying him with some deadly motivation and pointers, Billy was convinced by Roman to kill Maureen. Roman advised on getting a weak-willed accomplice to take the fall in case things didn't go as planned and Billy used his best friend, Stu Macher. After the murder of Maureen, Roman left Woodsboro and continued on with his career as a music video director.Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro. It was a special humiliation for him after witnessing how much media attention his half-sister Sidney had been receiving due to her survival of both the first and second Ghostface killing sprees. So he tries to track her down. He planned to orchestrate a killing spree and frame her as being a psychopath and himself as being the "sole survivor" because he believes everything she had should have been his. He tried to do so by making a phone call to the Woodsboro police station for Sidney's file which Sheriff Burke refused to allow. One month later, he attempted to steal it from the police station and fails becuase former Woodsboro Deputy, Dewey Riley, removed it from its cabinet in time.
Roman attempted to find Sidney by calling Cotton Weary and tried to convince him to reveal where Sidney was or else his girlfriend, Christine Hamilton, will die. Cotton refuses and because of this, he and his girlfriend were murdered. Yet this doesn't stop Roman. He did eventually find Sidney and called Sidney at her secret place to get her to come out of hiding. She, of course, refused at first.
The board of executives considered shutting down production of Stab 3 after Cotton's murder, much to Roman's dismay. Roman then called and killed Sarah Darling at his office at the studio. Roman went to Jennifer Jolie's house as Ghostface, where he killed her bodyguard, Steven Stone and teased the rest of the cast present. He caused a gas leak in the house and cuts the power to the house, sending messages to the fax machine telling the remaining characters what they have to do in order to survive. The fax machine convinced them to go outside before they are able to read the final sentence where it says, "And the killer will give mercy to..." with everybody running outside except for Tom Prinze, who goes back inside to read the final line with a lit lighter saying that the killer will give mercy to "...whoever smells the gas." He gave a terrified look on his face as he smelled the gas and the flame from the lighter caused Jennifer's house to go up in flames in a giant explosion. Roman, in his Ghostface costume, attempted to kill Gale Weathers shortly afterwards but failed due to Dewey shooting him several times in the chest. He escaped and survived due to his bullet-proof vest. He left another photo of Maureen behind, only with this one saying, "I killed her" on the back of it. This is enough to finally have Dewey call Sidney to come out of hiding, which is exactly what Roman wanted in the first place. However, after the phone call of her own from Roman, she had already been on her way and walked into the police station as Dewey is leaving a message on her machine.
Roman later attempted an attack on Sidney in the closed set of Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro. He did this by chasing her around the nostalgic set of her home in Woodsboro while wearing his "Dead Maureen" costume. He scared her in the same way she originally was scared but used their mother's voice to lure her into "her mother's bedroom" and with her voice made her feel depressed about things done in the past; Things she never really had time to get move on from. After reliving memories from the past (Scream 1), Roman used their mother's voice to frighten Sidney and said, "Give mommy a kiss and we'll make up." Sidney fled out of the window, running from what was supposed to be "her dead mother", whom is actually the killer. Sidney is found by Dewey, lying on the fake grass on the set, crying.
All the remaining survivors from the main cast went to John Milton's mansion to celebrate Roman's thirtieth birthday. He was the first to arrive and abducted John when he came home, stuffing him into a closet in a secret home theater room. Roman called Dewey, sounding like Sidney thanks to his voice changer, and gets Gale, Jennifer, and Dewey to come to the mansion. After everyone else decided to explore the place for secret passageways, Gale and Dewey found the cloned cell phone, the voice changer, and a Ghostface outfit in a cabinet. Later, Gale found Roman supposedly dead in a trunk with a large knife sticking out of his stomach while searching the basement for him and Jennifer. Roman's corpse, of course, turned out to be a fake. He collected his knife and the Ghostface costume then murdered Angelina Tyler by stabbing her in the chest and Tyson Fox by stabbing him in the chest, tripping him over, smashing him against two glass cabinets, and throwing him from a two-story balcony. He entered the same secret passageway that Jennifer thought she was safe in. She tried to run but he ended up stabbing her in the back and stomach, killing her. Shortly after, he managed to kidnap Gale and Dewey. He used them to threaten Sidney over the phone so she would come to the mansion without anyone else coming along with her.
When Sidney arrived, he made her use a metal detector on herself in order to ensure that she was not carrying any lethal weapons with her. After the alarm shows a gun hidden by her right leg, she was forced to chuck it into the nearby swimming pool. Sidney was then attacked by Roman while attempting to release Dewey but was saved by Detective Mark Kincaid, who got hit over the head by Roman.
Sidney shot at Ghostface with another gun she had hidden in the same leg until there are no more bullets. She ran, as to try and save Gale and Dewey from the killer. Roman chased her into Milton's hidden theater, where he finally revealed himself. During his rant of who he was and how he was responsible for everything that's happened to her, Dewey and Gale manage to get themselves untied. Back in the theater, Roman took a gagged John Milton out of the closet and revealed to Sidney that he's the man responsible for the rape of Maureen Prescott. Ignoring Milton's offers and pleas for mercy, Roman slashes his throat despite the fact that John could easily be his own father. Roman starts to go off again but Sidney, sick of hearing him whine, provoked him into a fight. Sidney's past encounters have left her a more formidable opponent than Roman had anticipated as she managed to evade his attacks and use her surroundings to her advantage. He did manage to get her down and start choking the life out of her until Kincaid knocked on the door to the room. At this point, Dewey had managed to kill the power in the house in an attempt to get into the secret room Roman and Sidney were in. This surprised Roman and he let go of Sidney, causing her to fall to floor. Kincaid entered the room, holding his gun, and asked Sid where Roman is. She doesn't get the chance to reply since he gets hit over the head with a wooden chair by Roman. As Sidney find the energy to get up with Roman's knife, Roman shot Sidney in the stomach with Kincaid's gun then shot near her head, apparently finishing the job.
Roman heard Gale's and Dewey's yells for Sidney and tried to secure the room in order to keep to his plan of framing Sidney for the murders and breakdown of killing John Milton, He turned around to notice that Sidney's body has disappeared. While looking around for her, she leapt out from behind the nearby bar and stabbed Roman in the back twice with an ice pick. He fell to the floor and she threw the gun away from them. Surprised, he claimed he shot her and she reveals the bulletproof vest underneath her shirt she had gotten from the police precinct before leaving for the mansion, where she says they "think alike". They appeared to have a little brother/sister moment as Roman said it doesn't change anything since their mother is still dead and he still got to make his movie. Sidney says, "Stab 3, right?" Then she stabs the ice pick into his chest, near his heart, being the third stab she gave him. Just as Dewey and Gale entered, Roman grabbed her hand, seeking comfort from his family as he died despite his hatred of her. She let go of his hand and started walking toward Gale and Dewey when Roman leapt onto his feet for one last scare. Dewey shot him several times before Sidney reminded him to shoot Roman in the forehead, which he does successfully. Thus being the end of Roman.
- Maureen Prescott
- Christine Hamilton
- Cotton Weary
- Sarah Darling
- Steven Stone
- Tom Prinze
- Angelina Tyler
- Tyson Fox
- Jennifer Jolie
- John Milton
- [Deleted scene] "Time for my show, Cotton. You've been canceled!"
- [Deleted scene] "You should know better than to leave a dead psycho, Sid. You might as well give 'em CPR. How about Mom, Maureen Prescott, Rina Reynolds? You know how long it took me to find her? My whole life. I'm the other half of you. When I came to Woodsboro she wouldn't even look at me. Her own son.
- (talking to Sidney as Ghostface) "Do you think its over, Sidney"?"
- (in the basment of Milton's house to Jennifer) "Ohhh, Spooky!"
- "Don't do it! If you do one thing to attract attention, one thing, I'll kill them both! Now, do you have somewhere we can be alone?"
- "Always hard being friends with you, Sidney. When you're friends with Sidney, you die! Well, these friends don't have to, Sidney. It's up to you."
- "How do you know you're not hearing things? How do you know I'm not someone in your head?"
- "I don't want them, I want you! It's simple. You come here, they survive, you run, they die!"
- "Don't you want to know Sidney? Do you want to know who I am? Don't you want to know who killed your mother?"
- "No Sid, that would be you! You did it all, you did it, you killed them all, even your closest friends. Living in total isolation, the pressure of another movie about you, the discovery the Milton destroyed Mommy Dearest, you finally just snapped!"
- "And who's our hero? The sole survivor, the one who bravely faced down the psychopath and fucked her with her own knife. You're gonna pay for the life you stole from me Sid. For the mother, and for the family, and for the stardom, and for, goddammit, everything you had that should've been mine!"
- "Yeah, as if life isn't tragic enough." After being told Happy Birthday
- "She's got a nice little..... voice." (About Cotton's girlfriend, Christine)
- "It's called 'Sarah gets skewered like a fucking pig!' Still in character, Sarah?"
- "I only hear you, too, Sid." After Sidney says she can only hear herself speak on the phone.
- "Not only did they-did they kill the film, but they killed my cast. You know, nobody's gonna work with me. Variety called me a "pariah". I don't even know what a "pariah" is. Why-why couldn't somebody have killed the cast of Stab 1, huh? Or Stab 2? Why me? What, John? What did we do wrong?"
- "You're not going anywhere, Sidney. It's time you came to terms with me and with mother! Maybe you never knew her at all, Sidney. Maybe you just can't get past the surface of things."
- "Exactly! But, I'm not the villain, Sid, you are! Here he is, the man who gave away your mother's innocence! Huh, what he did to her made her a slut, didn't it, huh? She never recovered from that night, right here in this room! They fucked her three ways from Sunday, ruined her life. Ruined yours too, didn't it, Sid. Do you hate him Sid? Come one, I know you do. I'm sure you do!"
- "I'm a director, Sid. I direct."
- "Zombies and Aliens! You know, what you look like without make-up, Jennifer."
- "Stop pretending I even remember!" (about sleeping with Jennifer)
- "I had no idea that they were going to make a film of their own. I mean, introducing: Sidney, the victim. Sidney, the survivor. Sidney, the star!"
- After revealing himself as the killer "Roman Bridger, director. (in Ghostface's voice) And brother."
- "It seems Maureen... mom, she really got around!"
- "It was a simple game, Cotton. You should have told me where Sidney was. Now, you lose."
Behind the Scenes
- He was described as "a sexy, hornydirector, 29, tall and stocky" in the script.
- In one scene, Roman complains that he had to direct a horror film before he could do the classic love story that he wanted to direct. Ironically, director Wes Craven had to do Scream 3 before he could do his inspirational drama Music of The Heart.
- Originally in an early version of the script, Angelina was a second Ghostface, Roman's lover and accomplice, and a former classmate of Sidney from Woodsboro, originally named Angie Crick. Her motivation was stated as her idolizing Sidney and wanting her fame and attention, thus taking on the role of Sidney in the "Stab" film. The idea was later scrapped.
- Roman was born on July 15, 1971/1972.
- There is a fan theory that suggests that in the first movie, when Ghostface was seen in the supermarket and stalking Sidney outside her home, that this was really Roman, and he could have been a third killer.
| ||Roman Bridger has a Photo Gallery.|
- He is the only one who murdered in more than one killing spree, though he is only seen in one.
- Personifying the artistic director in an almost bumbling Woody Allen way, Roman acted like a tragic hero, the mirror to his half-sister, Sidney. As a director, he proved to be ultimately responsible for the killers' actions in the previous films. All things considered, due to this, he was also the reason that Scream 4 happened. As Jill only killed people in hopes to become famous like Sidney and replace her.
- He was the reason why Sidney suffered the traumas from the last two movies.
- Unlike the last four killers, Roman had new tricks up his sleeve:
- He had a bulletproof vest so that he could survive gunshots, giving the illusion of immortality.
- He caused a gas leak and cut the power. Tom couldn't see so he had to use a lighter, unknowingly igniting the gas, killing himself and destroying Jennifer's house.
- He also has a voice changer, but with a new twist. He can use the killer's voice and many other voices. This trick manipulates his victims. Roman also recorded a fake suicide message from Sidney with his voice changer, claiming responsibility for the murders.
- Roman was the only Ghostface to fake his own death by utilizing Hollywood props from the film set.
- He is the only Ghostface to die in his costume.
- Roman is the only killer to be killed by Dewey, who shot him in the head after being told to do so by Sidney.
- He is also the second of three killers to not be killed by Sidney (preceded by Debbie Loomis and succeeded by Charlie Walker).
- He is the only Ghostface to have no partners and to kill on his own. Therefore he has the highest direct kill count of the Scream series (and killers), at nine.
- Roman won the 1999 Spectune Video Award for best director for his work on the song "Tiger-Striped Fur" by The Rats. This statue was later broken by Sarah Darling.
- His name may have been inspired by fellow film director Roman Polanski, who directed several famous horror movies such as Repulsion and Rosemary's Baby.
| ||Roman Bridger has a Fan Page.|