|Season 3 | Number of Episodes 6|
|Premiere Airdate||TBA 2018|
|Finale Airdate||TBA 2018|
| < previous|
| next >|
Season 3 revolves around Deion Elliot, a local star running back whose tragic past comes back to haunt him at the worst time, threatening his hard-earned plans for his future — and the lives of his unlikely group of friends.
- On October 14th, 2016 MTV confirmed that Scream was renewed for a third season. 
- Season 2 showrunners, Michael Gans and Richard Register, will be replaced by new ones for the new season. 
- This season will be the shortest season of the series due to the fact that it will have only six episodes. 
- On March 6th, 2017, Tracy Middendorf announced on twitter that she will not be reprising her role of Maggie Duval in the third season of Scream. 
- On April 26th, 2017, MTV announced that, after multiple rumors had surfaced online, they were rebooting the series with the third season, with a new cast and setting. 
- On May 5th, 2017, MTV announced the new cast for the upcoming new season: 
- RJ Cyler as Deion Elliot. A star running back for the high school football team, Deion hopes to secure a college football scholarship that will take him far away from Atlanta. But his plan seems destined to fail when he becomes the target of a masked killer with ties to his past. Someone knows Deion’s darkest secret…and they’ll use it to destroy him.
- Jessica Sula as Liv. Liv is the new girl at school. As a member of the cheer squad and an honor roll student, the teen seems to have a good head on her shoulders and an ideal life. But as she and Deion grow closer, amid the murder and mayhem, it becomes clear that she has just as many secrets as everyone else.
- Keke Palmer as Kym. A rebel with a thousand causes, she's a bold and beautiful social activist with a big heart and zero patience for suffering fools. When Kym and her friends find themselves hunted by a killer, she works to flip the script and survive at any cost.
- Giorgia Whigham as Beth. Caustic and darkly funny, Beth is the resident goth girl and a local tattoo artist. As an unapologetic fan of horror films, she's outspoken about her encyclopedic knowledge of movie murder -- which is sure to come in handy with a killer on the loose.
- Tyga as Jamal, Deion's step-brother. Despite hanging out with a rough crowd, he’s got a big heart and an undying loyalty to Deion.
- C.J. Wallace as Amir, a good kid with strict parents who demand he stay away from the ladies and ultimately work in the family business. But Amir wants to someday make music -- a dream he has to hide. Until, that is, he becomes the target of a killer. Facing a gruesome end courtesy of a guy in a mask makes Amir realize he may want to chase his dreams — if he survives
- Giullian Yao Gioiello as Manny. Manny, who is openly gay, is loyal to a fault. Usually the smartest person in the room, he’s destined to achieve great things. But his wits are put to the test when he suddenly finds himself in the cross hairs of a killer, which makes his simple goal of surviving high school and moving on with his life seem impossible.
- Tyler Posey as Shane. Shane is a a high school dropout. He is a drug dealer and party promoter who is always hustling in order to make money. But beneath that exterior, there's more to Shane than anyone realizes.
- On July 17th, 2017, MTV announced that rappers Tyga and C.J. Wallace were casted as a series regular for the new season. In addition, their character descriptions were revealed. 
- They also stated that the season will "feature a special binge model". Its six episodes will air during a special three-night event.
- Initially, MTV confirmed the release date of the season to sometime in March 2018.
- However, Deadline later reported that the third season will premiere sometime in 2018.
- On July 19th, 2017, Hollywood Reporter announced that the show will transition into an anthology series in the third season. This information was corroborated by MTV president, Chris McCarthy. 
- On September 13th, 2017, MTV announced that actresses Keke Palmer, Jessica Sula, and Giorgia Whigham and actors RJ Cyler and Giullian Yao Gioiello would be joining the cast of the upcoming third season of Scream, expanding the main cast. 
- On September 18th, 2017, it was announced by Bloody Disgusting that the Ghostface mask from the film series would be making an appearance in the third season. 
- On September 21st, 2017, it was confirmed via a twitter post that Jeremy Zuckerman would return to compose the soundtrack for the third season. 
- On September 25th, 2017, it was announced by MTV that Tyler Posey was cast in the series regular role of Shane in the third season. 
- On October 10th, 2017, Keke Palmer confirmed in an interview that Roger L. Jackson would be returning to voice Ghostface in the third season. 
- To promote the third season, MTV released a website with fans wearing the Ghostface mask and father death costume. It was meant to be a Halloween surprise, but was released a day late, on November 1st. 
- Filming for the third season began on September 18th and concluded on November 11th, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- On November 13th, 2017, it was confirmed that William Scharpf would be playing as Ghostface in the third season of Scream. This information was corroborated by an online article, detailing the attendance of several cast members to a wrap-up party. The party that was held was to commemorate the end of filming production for the third season.
- On February 2nd, 2018, Hollywood Reporter announced that Big Boi was cast in a recurring role in the third season.
- On March 28, 2018, it was confirmed that Harvey Weinstein will not be credited as an executive producer in the third season of Scream. In addition, the show will not include The Weinstein Company or its logo on its credits from the third season onward, even though the company was formerly involved in the distribution of the series.
- RJ Cyler as Deion Elliot (0/6)
- Jessica Sula as Liv (0/6)
- Keke Palmer as Kym (0/6)
- Giorgia Whigham as Beth (0/6)
- Tyga as Jamal (0/6)
- C.J. Wallace as Amir (0/6)
- Giullian Yao Gioiello as Manny (0/6)
- Tyler Posey as Shane (0/6)
- Roger L. Jackson as Ghostface (voice) (0/6)
- William Scharpf as Ghostface (costume) (0/6)
- Big Boi as TBA (0/6)
|Image||Title||Original Airdate||Viewers (in millions)|
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/2943409/mtv-renews-scream-third-season/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/scream-renewed-season-3-mtv-1201888487/
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/2943409/mtv-renews-scream-third-season/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tracymiddendorf/status/838964146225864704
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/3006298/scream-reboot-new-cast-queen-latifah/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2017/05/05/scream-season-3-new-characters-spoilers-mtv-reboot/
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/3025575/mtv-scream-reboot-cast-tyga-cj-wallace/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2018/02/maggie-malina-exits-mtv-vh1-head-of-scripted-1202305340/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mtv-president-unveils-scripted-slate-explains-his-new-approach-1022369
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/3035700/keke-palmer-scream-casting/
- ↑ http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3459643/classic-ghostface-mask-returns-season-3-mtvs-scream/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ScreamGoredom/status/911009369512448000
- ↑ http://www.mtv.com/news/3037847/tyler-posey-scream/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba2qJaGD0te/?taken-by=darktracefilms
- ↑ http://mtvwhoisghostface.com
- ↑ http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/09/04/mtv-moves-scream-to-atlanta-from-louisiana-for-third-season/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Giullian_G/status/929500681261678594
- ↑ http://tailstix.com/scream-season-3-wrap-party/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/big-boi-joins-sonys-superfly-remake-1080514
- ↑ https://www.forbes.com/sites/adriennegibbs/2018/03/28/bossy-scream-queens-keke-palmer-talks-star-fox-record-label-big-boss-entertainment/#12a7894018b5
|Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3|