|Stab 3: Hollywood Horror|
Stab 3: Hollywood Horror poster
"The True Hollywood Story"
|Directed by||Fred Rifkin|
|Produced by||Dixie J. Capp|
|Written by||Will Kennison|
|Music by||Marco Beltrami|
|Distributed by||Sunrise Studios|
|Running time||116 Minutes|
|Preceded by||Stab 2|
|Followed by||Stab 4|
Stab 3: Hollywood Horror is the third installment in the fictional Stab film series. This film was released in the Scream universe after production was scrapped on Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro and serves as an in-universe retelling of the events of Scream 3. Based upon Gale Weathers best seller, Hollywood Horror.
Stab 3 also haven't had the chance to show up in the saga.
Sidney Prescott (Tori Spelling), traumatized by the brutal murders of almost all of her closest friends, has left her hometown of Woodsboro and is working as a crisis intervention counselor, via the phone from the safe seclusion of her home in an unknown area of Northern California. Meanwhile, Stab, the movie based on the novel The Woodsboro Murders by Gale Weathers (Elizabeth Banks), is spawning a series of successful horror films, and as Stab 3: Return to Woodsboro is being filmed in Los Angeles, a lunatic has gotten his hands on a copy of the script, and is murdering the characters in the same order that they are murdered in the movie. But predicting who will die next is not as simple as it might seem, since the producers have circulated three different screenplays, with three different endings. The third installment also brings back fan-favorite Dewey Riley (David Schwimmer), who is working for Sunrise Studio's production of Stab 3, a special cameo from long lost friend Randy (Joey Garfield) and a woman who gives Gale Weathers a run for her money, Jennifer Jolie. The film ends with Dewey proposing to Gale to marry him and she accepts. This film is based on "actual" events now chronicled in a novel of the same title.
- This movie is based on the book Hollywood Horror by Gale Weathers.
- As the actors and actresses from the original third film were murdered in Scream 3, an all-new cast was needed for this installment.
- The movie cover of Stab 3: Hollywood Horror can be seen at the Cinema Club in Scream 4.
- The cast of the first two Stabs return to their respective roles, despite not wanting to be in the original Stab 3.
- There is a big goof on the Stab 3 case: Someone forgot to add Christine Hamilton and Steven Stone in the "In Loving Memory" list.
|Scream | 2 | 3 | 4 |TV Series | 5|
|Stab | 2 | 3: Hollywood Horror/3: Return to Woodsboro | 4: Knife of Doom | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8|