|Portrayed by||Nico Tortorella|
Cause:Shot in the head with a pistol by Jill Roberts
High school student
Trevor Sheldon was a high school student, approximately seventeen years old, and Jill Roberts' ex-boyfriend. He was the ninth character to fall victim to the fourth Ghostface killing spree during Scream 4. and is the tertiary antagonist of the film.
His character is heavily based on Billy Loomis of Scream, but his character also uniquely blends of references of Neil Prescott as he is a more grounded teenager and his compassion and concern for Jill never fades and is determined to protect her throughout the story.
Trevor Sheldon is the ex-boyfriend of Jill Roberts and at one point, most likely while they were dating, he was alllowed to enter her home via her bedroom window.
During the time they were dating, Trevor told Jill that he loved her. He and Jill also had sexual intercourse at some point, which we learn was Jill's first time. Trevor later went out with another girl, Jenny Randall, which caused their relationship to crumble and caused several of their friends to be angry with him.
He constantly tried to get back into the good graces of Jill but to no avail. This is probably due to Jill's secret relationship with film geek, Charlie Walker.
In the opening scene, when Jenny's on the phone with Ghostface, she is confused on who she is talking to on the other line. She asks the mystery caller, "Is this Trevor?" The killer replies, "Do I sound like a Trevor to you?" This is seen by some as evidence that Jenny was the girl Trevor cheated on Jill with but it is not concrete proof and is merely fan speculation.
At school, while Jill is telling her friend, Kirby Reed, of Charlie's attractions to her, Trevor pops up unexpectedly behind Jill's locker as she is closing it, startling both girls. He begins to plead for Jill's forgiveness by saying he shouldn't have "let her go" but she interrupts him. She tells him when a girl gives him everything and he goes out with someone else, that's not "letting her go" that's dumping her then walks away. Moments after, film geek and fellow high school student, Robbie Mercer, taunts him asking, "What's your favorite scary movie, man?" Trevor, with a grim facial expression, says, "I'll show you. GRRR!!" This seems to scare Robbie and causes him to run off while switching off his headset.
After Jill's cousin, Sidney Prescott, is situated in the Roberts house, Jill comes out of the bathroom and into her room where Trevor surprises her by having climbed into her room through the window. This is similar to what Billy Loomis did with Sidney in Scream. She is unhappy about this and tells him, "You have no right to be here... not anymore." This shows it was not the first time he had done this. Moments later, Sidney comes in and immediately apologizes, not knowing Jill had company. Jill says, "No, he was just leaving. It's my ex." Sidney politely says, "Hi." Trevor says hello and they have a brief acquaintance. Once he leaves, Sidney stares at Jill while seeming to be remembering when Billy snuck through her window, saying to Jill, "You remind me of...me."
Later on, Kirby answers Jill's phone when it's called by Ghostface from Trevor's phone while Kirby and Jill are watching a movie. Kirby, thinking it's Trevor, says she'll handle it. It soon becomes obvious that it's not Trevor but the killer. He apparently knows what film they are watching and says he's "standing in the closet." Kirby checks Jill's closet but the killer reveals he did not say which closet he was in. It is revealed that Ghostface was standing in Olivia's closet. After Olivia Morris' brutal murder, Trevor is seen rushing through the front door of Olivia's house shortly after Ghostface has escaped, where he goes upstairs to assist a wounded Jill.
Trevor is present at the School Cinema Club meeting where he is seen giving a look of hatred or anger to Sidney. Kirby shows this to Sidney using her mobile phone to access the footage being streamed to Robbie's website via his headset.
Trevor shows up again at Stab-a-thon and greets Kirby with a few unknown teenagers. Kirby gives him the finger and continues to talk to Jill on the phone.
Later he shows up at Kirby's house, having been "invited" by a text from Jill's phone. It's revealed she didn't send him anything and she doesn't even remember where she put her phone. When asked about his phone being missing, he claims he got a new one. Trevor follows Jill upstairs to help her look for her phone. When he comes back downstairs, he interrupts a moment between Kirby and Charlie. As he sits down and expresses his excitement over watching the opening scene of Stab 7, Charlie furiously storms out. This causes an angry Kirby to demand to know who invited him. He states that it obviously wasn't her and goes back upstairs to find Jill as Kirby tells him to get out of her house. Jill comes down and tells Kirby there was no text sent to Trevor from her phone. She asks where he is and Kirby says he went upstairs looking for her. Jill says she didn't see him up there. This disappearance is possibly where he is tied up and bound, much like Sidney's father at the end of the first film.Later, after Jill and Charlie are revealed as the killers, they pull a tied-up Trevor out of the nearest closet. Charlie throws Trevor across the floor while Jill explains that she plans on making Trevor look like the mastermind behind the latest murder spree. After they tear the duct tape off of his mouth (they had used it as a gag to keep him from screaming and being heard), he shouts that he loved Jill. She kicks him in the head, says that she isn't the girl that he should've cheated on, and shoots him in the groin. While Trevor is screaming in agony, Jill proceeds to murder him by shooting him in the forehead, instantly killing him.
Later, after she had stabbed Charlie to death to pin him as Trevor's accomplice, Jill unties Trevor's hands and legs. She then uses his lifeless hand to pull out some of her hair, and to scratch her face. She planned on making it look like he and Charlie were the killers, and that she killed them both in self-defense. Initially, the police and media seem to believe her, but they later find out that Trevor was actually innocent and they all realized that she tricked everybody and wasn't a hero.
| ||Trevor Sheldon has a Photo Gallery.|
- "I'll show you. GRRR!"
- "I heard you and Jill got a phone call from the Stab voice this morning. Sounds like Charlie."
- "Shut up, idiots. This isn't a movie."
- "Anyway, what are you doing in a house with Sidney Prescott? That's like being on Top Chef with Jeffrey Dahmer."
- "No match for the ninja, baby."
- "You're smaller in person."
- "Yeah, 'cause that's what I would do if I was a crazy psycho killer, I'd use my own phone to call you. Really?"
- "Oh man, I love this part. Just when you think they're safe and sound in the house... Ghostface jumps out!"
- "I'm not the bad guy. I may be the stupid guy for coming over here, but I'm not the bad guy."
Behind the Scenes
- His casting call states: "Handsome high school jock, but quiet and intense, as though a secret hangs over his head."
- He bears many similarities to Billy Loomis, including sneaking into Jill's room to see her. Sidney herself notices this, and tells Jill that she reminds Sidney of herself at her age.
- According to the Internet Movie Database, 90210's Kevin Pennington was rumored to play Trevor.
- He originally appeared to be based on Billy Loomis, but ended up being more like Neil Prescott. He even wore clothes that resembled the clothes Neil was wearing in Scream and Jill ended up being the new version of Billy Loomis.
- Trevor's death recipricates Billy's death. In the Original, Sidney punctures Billy's wound in his chest where she drove the umbrella into him as a sign of saying "f*ck you" and symbolizing reversed intercourse for her feelings of violation sexually from him and then shoots him in the head finally killing him. In Scream 4, Jill's actually shoots Trevor in the groin for actually cheating on her, and then finally shoots him in the head.
- It was rumored that he was going to be one of the Ghostface killers in the unrated version of Scream 4. This was backed up by a promotional image from the unrated version that was leaked. This promotional image is shown to the right. See the wiki page Trevor and Jill for more details.
- He is also described as "someone you love to hate, an asshole with a heart".
- Nico auditioned fives times to secure the part of Trevor Sheldon.
- Some Deleted Scenes on the DVD show Trevor at the water fountain with Charlie, Robbie, Olivia, and Kirby where they discuss the murders. Another one of him visting Jill in the hospital, and another one where they are outside of Kirby's house looking for Jill's phone. There will also be an extended scene where they have their fall out at school where Trevor pleaded for Jill's forgiveness this will be similar to the scene in the first movie where Billy and Sidney have a fall out in the school's hallway. His last Deleted scene is when he startles Robbie outside of Kirby's house.
|Scream 4 Characters|
|Principal Characters||Sidney Prescott • Gale Riley • Dewey Riley • Ghostface|
|Supporting Characters||Anthony Perkins • Charlie Walker • Jill Roberts • Judy Hicks • Kirby Reed • Kate Roberts • Olivia Morris • Rebecca Walters • Robbie Mercer • Ross Hoss • Trevor Sheldon|
|Stab Characters||Sherrie • Trudie • Chloe • Rachel|
|Ghostface(s)||Jill Roberts • Charlie Walker|