|Wanna Play a Game?|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||July 14, 2015|
|Written by|| Jordan Rosenberg |
|Directed by||Tim Hunter|
| < previous|
| next >|
Emma discovers that her mom, Maggie, is keeping additional secrets from her; leading the killer to challenge her to a dangerous game.
In a flashback, Dara Alden is running through the field only to bump into Brett Keener. He tells her that he could be anywhere. Dara's throat is then slashed (off-screen) as Brett turns around. Blood spurts from Dara's wound as she gasps for air. She collapses onto the ground, dead. Brett grabs a stick and runs away, only to trip and fall. He looks up to see the Lakewood Slasher standing right in front of him. As Brett backs away in fear, the Lakewood Slasher steps on his foot as a crunch is heard. Brett swings the stick but Lakewood Slasher snatches it. He then impales Brett's eye (stabbing not seen).
In the present day, Emma learns quickly that her mother has been keeping even more secrets from her. At the same time, the killer makes their next move, by impersonating Tyler and throwing the cops into a pointless pursuit. Later, the killer texts, Riley at the police station, using Tyler's phone. Riley questions if Tyler is still alive or not. Sometime later, Jake and Will uncover a cyber connection to Nina's death. They fear that if the connection was publicized, that their futures would be in jeopardy.
Shortly before the end of the night, the police chase Tyler's car into a ditch, where it catches fire and explodes. Moments after, Emma is given a Sophie's choice by the killer. As she assumes that Brooke is in danger, she mentions over the phone, for the killer not to target her. This moment sealed Riley's fate as the killer lured Riley away from the police station. Sometime later, Riley is killed and Emma is distraught over the revelation of her friend's death.
- Willa Fitzgerald as Emma Duval
- Bex Taylor-Klaus as Audrey Jensen
- John Karna as Noah Foster
- Amadeus Serafini as Kieran Wilcox
- Connor Weil as Will Belmont
- Carlson Young as Brooke Maddox
- Jason Wiles as Sheriff Clark Hudson
- Tracy Middendorf as Maggie Duval
- Bobby Campo as Seth Branson
- Tom Maden as Jake Fitzgerald
- Brianne Tju as Riley Marra
- Amelia Rose Blaire as Piper Shaw
- Taylor Murphy as Dara Alden (Flashback)
- Tyler Perez as Brett Keener (Flashback)
- Anthony Hill as Mike Newsome
- Mike Vaughn as Killer (Voice)
- This episode marked the death of Riley Marra.
- Dara Alden - throat slit, killed by Brandon James (Flashback)
- Brett Keener - stabbed with a tree branch, killed by Brandon James (Flashback)
- Riley Marra - stabbed twice in the back, right leg slashed, blood loss, killed by the Lakewood Slasher
- KLOE – “Feel”
Brooke and Seth are video chatting.
- Oh Wonder – “All We Do”
Audrey enters Rachel’s room and takes it all in.
- Def Conz – “Wiggle It”
Jake and Will argue.
- filous ft. James Hersey – “How Hard I Try”
Emma is working at The Grindhouse. She talks to Audrey about the Brandon James message and decides to direct message him.
- BONFIRES – “Die Young”
Will returns Emma’s iPod. They reminisce about old times.
- MYZICA – “Ready or Not”
Riley and Noah discuss their scene for class. They decide to do a romantic scene.
- Wet - “You’re the Best”
A blindfolded Riley is led by Noah into Nightmare Level Comics & Collectibles. Noah shows Riley where he works. They discuss video games and kiss.
- Natalie Taylor – “No One Knows”
Riley and Noah are making out and about to have sex when Riley receives a text from Tyler.
- Labyrinth Ear – “Snow White”
Emma, Riley, Jake, Will and Brooke discuss the mysterious texts and decide to go to the police.
- Gold Plated – “Dance All Night”
A janitor listening to a walkman, doesn’t hear Riley banging on the skylight for help.
- Japanese Wallpaper ft. Airling – “Forces”
Brooke becomes bored waiting for her booty call at a hotel. She checks her phone to find she’s missed a lot of calls.
- There was a chase scene near the police station in this episode. Riley was attacked and later killed by the Lakewood Slasher.
- This episode, so far, had the most on-screen deaths.
- In the episode, Emma received a call from the killer.
- The episode was watched live by 0.87 million viewers.
- The title reflects on how the Ghostface from the Scream films and the Lakewood Slasher from the television series toys with his victims before attacking/killing them.
- The title reflects on the iconic quote "I wanna play a game" used by Jigsaw from the Saw film series.
|Season 1||Pilot • Hello, Emma • Wanna Play a Game? • Aftermath • Exposed • Betrayed • In The Trenches • Ghosts • The Dance • Revelations|
|Season 2||I Know What You Did Last Summer • Psycho • Vacancy • Happy Birthday to Me • Dawn of the Dead • Jeepers Creepers • Let The Right One In • Village of the Damned • The Orphanage • The Vanishing • Heavenly Creatures • When a Stranger Calls • Halloween • Halloween II|