Quick-witted, and armed with brains, and beauty, Zoë is a known overachiever in her academics. Popular in her own right, Zoë is also known to lend a shoulder to a friend in need, and as a new member and ally of the Lakewood Six clique, she comes in handy. Prim, and proper appearing, with a unique sense of style on the surface, she does harbor a secret.
Season 2 (9/14)
After Emma and Audrey rescued Noah, they hear screaming from under where Noah was buried in. As they removed the casket, they see a box that contains a phone which shows a recording of Zoë screaming from help as water fills her casket. When they get to Wren Lake, they discover a cord that is connected to her casket and they begin to pull it out of the lake. When they opened the coffin, they see the corpse of a dead Zoë and they realized that the recording has already happened and she already drowned to death.
- Zoë: "Scary, but necessary" (I Know What You Did Last Summer)
- Zoë: "I just don't see it adding up to happiness, for any of us. I'm sorry" to Noah (Happy Birthday to Me)
- Zoë: "The only ones who aren't afraid are the monsters" (The Vanishing)
- Although, she was mentioned by Riley in the Pilot episode, she marked her first appearance in the series in the second season premiere, I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- She was a student at George Washington High School.
- She was a romantic interest of Noah Foster.
- She was possibly bisexual since she kissed both Audrey and Noah in Happy Birthday to Me.
- Similar to Hallie McDaniel in Scream 2, she is the first African-American female character of the Lakewood Six group, and TV series respectively (excluding Maureen Evans) and excels in her academics involving Psychology.
- In Dawn of the Dead, she admits to Noah, that she is a fan of his podcast, "The Morgue".
- Jeepers Creepers is the first episode Zoë does not appear in.
- In Let The Right One In, Zoë confessed that the reason she was absent from Season 1 is because her mom bought her a therapist although she does not state why.
- She emailed Audrey's recording about Piper to an unknown person in Let The Right One In.
- She later confessed that she emailed the tape to herself in The Orphanage due to being caught by Audrey and Noah.
- She won the Lady of the Lake contest in Village of the Damned.
- In The Orphanage, she took Noah's virginity.
- In The Vanishing, she was kidnapped and buried alive at Wren Lake only later to be found dead by Emma, Audrey and Noah.
- She is the second female victim of the second season.
- She is also the third main character to die in the series.
- She drowned in her Lady of the Lake dress and sash.
- Zoë is Noah's second love interest to get murdered. The first was Riley Marra.
|TV Series Characters|
|Lakewood Four||Emma Duval • Audrey Jensen • Brooke Maddox • Noah Foster|
|Lakewood Residents||Maggie Duval • Miguel Acosta • Gustavo Acosta • Kristin Lang • Gina McLane|
|Previous Lakewood Residents||Kieran Wilcox • Eli Hudson • Zoë Vaughn • Jake Fitzgerald • Seth Branson • Quinn Maddox • Haley Meyers • Tina Hudson • Eddie Hayes • Kevin Duval • Clark Hudson • Nina Patterson • Rachel Murray • Riley Marra • Tyler O'Neill • Will Belmont • Brandon James • Piper Shaw|
|Lakewood Slasher(s)||Piper Shaw • Kieran Wilcox • Third Killer|